The adventure genre is extremely popular among readers and are loved by all ages. What makes an adventure story so intriguing, or what’s the key element of the genre that makes it so popular not only among adults but kids as well?
Well, wonder no more people, as we give some reasons below.
This is also why the molly and slappy series kids books online are highly popular among kids. Okay, here we go on the key elements of an adventure book.
- Hero- This is generally a lead character of a story or the protagonist. The hero of the adventure story usually has a normal life before entering into the adventure. This helps readers connect with the hero i.e. everyday man or woman, boy or girl, in our case Molly Hoo Hoo. That’s why the writer often keeps the hero normal at the beginning of the story.
- A quest- The hero or protagonist is given a challenge that they need to overcome. The quest includes a series of events that help to create a strong storyline that keeps the readers engaged throughout the story. Molly and Slappy on an adventure to get some sticks
- The unfamiliar environment- As the story progresses, the hero enters into an unfamiliar or dangerous environment that forces the hero to get out of his comfort zone. This unfamiliar environment has difficult terrain that creates conflict between the hero and nature. Going through an unfamiliar environment creates bigger risks for the hero and increases tension in the story. The protagonist shows courage and tries to deal with the risks involved in the difficult terrain. Molly and Slappy going to Farmer Vern’s Farm
- A villain- The adventure story always has a villain that the hero has to deal with. These villains are unsavory characters that create more problems for the protagonist and increase the tension. Usually, the villain has immense powers that they use to capture a particular place, rule the world, or kill someone.
- The risk- This is another major element of the adventure story that actually makes a story great. Throughout the story, the characters face difficult problems. The quest forces the protagonist to put their own lives at risk to save the others and himself. Slappy climbing the tree
- Transformation- As the story progresses, the protagonist undergoes a massive transformation from average Joe or Jean to a hero that can overcome any challenge, saves lives, and neutralize the villain or villains.
- Suspension and surprises- As the story progresses towards the end, the twists and turns increase the pace of the adventure story. To heighten the tension, some elements of surprise enter the story thrilling the reader with one action to another. The protagonists’ unexpected response to the surprises increases suspense taking the reader along on the adventure.
It’s a wrap
Finding an adventure book for kids is an adventure itself! It must be engaging, entertaining, and carry a subtle moral, as kids can see the in your face approach a mile away! You should also check out Molly Hoo Hoo and Slappy Kicks and the Tree or go online to buy 4-8 old children’s adventure books.