Depression is one of the common medical illnesses that influences the way a person feels, thinks, and the way he acts in certain situations. A depressive mindset can probably lose interest in daily life activities.
He may feel sad or depressive even in happy moments. Persistent Depressive Disorder is one of the forms of Depression. In this article, we will discuss the symptoms, effects, and treatment of Persistent Depressive Disorder. Best psychiatrists in cleveland ohio suggest to treat for depression as soon as possible.
The risk factor is defined as something that may increase the chance of a particular disease. The common risk factors associated with Persistent Depressive Disorder are;
- Having a first-degree relative enhances the risk of persistent depressive disorder which means genes play a role in this disorder.
- Gender is one of the risk factors behind PDD like this disorder is more common among females than men and being female increases the risk of developing PDD.
- Certain kinds of insecurity or personality trait in which a person becomes a pessimist.
- Other types of mental disorders also increase the risk of PDD.
There is no such treatment for Persistent depressive disorder but early detection can help them to overcome this disorder. Here are some preventive measures to follow:
- Is essential to keep your stress level down by maintaining the low-stress level you can boost your confidence and self-esteem.
- Talk to your loved ones like your family members, friends and share your thoughts and feeling. They definitely have some pieces of advice for you to overcome your depression.
- If you found any symptoms mentioned above then you should seriously consider overcoming this at an initial stage without worsening it.
Psychotherapy is one of the most valid and most effective methods to tackle this disorder.
The health professionals suggest doing psychotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy.
Psychotherapy is also termed talk therapy in which a health professional conduct sessions individually or in the form of a group. In these interactive sessions, the health professional helps the patient to understand their condition behavior moods, and different kind of reactions which leads to a depressive mindset.
As we know that the persistent depressive disorder is a long-lasting condition so is difficult to overcome in a few days weeks or months. A person with this disorder should actively measure his symptoms and strictly follow the prescribed treatment and therapy.
A consistent change in lifestyle can give them a positive outcome. Avoid using drugs and alcohol to overcome your depression. Do exercise at least three days a week or join yoga sessions and practice mediation. Eat healthily and read books and listen to some interactive podcasts.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Cognitive behavior therapy is one of the prominent therapy to treat various kinds of mental disorders. The persistent depressive disorder can also be treated through CBT. It also involves learning different techniques to overcome the feeling of depression.
Cognitive behavioral therapy cleveland not only put emphasis on the thoughts and emotion of a person but also focuses on the behavior and action taken by the individual suffering from the disorder.
In cognitive behavior therapy, the therapist supports you to identify the real cause behind your depression he will help you to accept the symptoms and develop habits to overcome them.
Persistent Depressive Disorder is a long-lasting condition and results in serious health risks if not treated earlier. So take preventive measures, changing in lifestyle and therapies like psychotherapy and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy can help the victim to overcome the symptoms of this disorder.