The nervous system is one of the most complex and intricate networks of the human body. It has two major components- the central nervous system (the brain and the spinal cord) and the peripheral nervous system (the eyes, ears, skin, and other sensory organs). When there are any disorders in any of these components, the expertise of the neurologists is sought. But whom to approach? Which are the best hospitals for neurology in India? Read on to find out.
Basic Services a Good Neurology Hospital should provide As the nervous system is a critical part of the body, any malfunctions in it can cause severe operational damage to the body. Therefore, a well-equipped specialist in a hospital should be prepared to treat any problem with the nervous system.
A good neurology hospital should have –
- A well-equipped and dedicated neurosurgery department.
- Operating facilities with modern equipment like Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator (CUSA), Advanced High-resolution Microscopes, etc.
- Precise treatment for brain surgeries- availability of MRI scans during the surgery.
- Availability of MMSE (Mini-Mental Status Exam), PET Scan (Positron Emission Tomography), stroke unit, EEG, EMG, VEP (Visual Evoked Potentials), Computed Tomography (CT), Lumbar Puncture, Psychiatric evaluations, etc.
- Facilities for skull-base surgery, deep brain stimulation, epilepsy surgery, head injuries, spinal injuries, brain tumors, brain tumors, brain hemorrhage, spinal dislocation, etc.
- Round-the-clock facilities for handling neurological emergencies
The Best Hospitals for Neurology in India
Some of the best hospitals for neurology in India are-
- Nanavati Max Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai
It is one of the most renowned hospitals, not only in Mumbai but also in India. The hospital has a 350-bed capacity with 75 critical care beds and 11 state-of-the-art modular OTs. Round-the-clock neurology facilities offered here are the finest in India. Core features of the neurology department are-
- A wide range of latest treatment methods and superior diagnostic technologies like minimally invasive neuro-spine surgery to treat disorders like stroke, seizure, nervous system cancer, tumors, etc.
- Specialists for complex conditions like skull-based trauma, injuries, and neurological conditions in children.
- Best facilities in India for CUSA (Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator) and AHRM (Advanced High-resolution Microscopes)
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Patparganj, New Delhi
Max Healthcare is a name to reckon with, especially in North India. Max Super Speciality Hospital, Patparganj, New Delhi, is known as the first specialized Neurology hospital in Asia. It is known for its neurological department, which has a committed and experienced panel of neurology specialists adept at handling any kind of case. Core features of the hospital’s neurology department are-
- Unique facility of constantly updating MRI scans during brain surgery
- Specialized surgeries and dedicated centers for Advanced Brain Tumor, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, and Stroke
- Comprehensive stroke care is provided under one roof with facilities like IV Thrombolysis, mechanical thrombectomy, neurosurgical and neurocritical care expertise, and stroke rehabilitation services
- BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital, Rajendra Nagar, New Delhi
BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital is among the largest hospitals in Delhi and a health care provider with the highest quality standards. The neurology department can manage complex neurological issues under the care of highly-experienced specialists and the latest technological tools. The salient features of the hospital are-
- State-of-the-art Neurological unit with full-time consultants, and dedicated neuro and neurocritical care team, a dedicated stroke team, and specialized radiology consultants
- Amongst the few hospitals in the country to use cyberknife treatment for brain tumor excision
- Specialized neuro spine unit for treatment of spine tuberculosis, spondylosis, spinal injuries, etc.
- Use of latest technologies, including- flight PET/CT with 16 slice CT, dual-head SPECT-CT Gamma, and neuro-diagnostic services such as EMG, NCV, EEG, intraoperative neuromonitoring, and use of flat panels C-Arm.