Why Is My Printer Printing So Slow
HP Printers are a popular choice. Although we print many documents, some users also experience the HP Printer Printing Slow problem. This annoying problem can cause slowdowns in your workflow. This is an obvious technical problem and shows HP printer in error state that must be fixed immediately to avoid further complications.
There are many printing problems that you might encounter. These are the most common printing problems that users face.
Printer printing slow over the network: This can sometimes happen when you use a network printer. To fix the problem, change the IP address of your printer.
HP Printer Long Delay before Printing, slow printing, slow start printing: This is a common issue for HP Printer users. If this happens with your printer, make sure you reinstall the printer driver and update it.
Your Printer Is Slow to Respond, Printing PDF: There are many reasons why your printer might experience a glitch. This problem can be fixed by rebooting your printer.
Long delay before printing starts: This can be caused by an inept functioning of the Print Spooler. Restart your device, and then delete all files in the Print Spooler.
How to Fix a Slow HP Printer Printing Issue
Reinstalling Printer Driver
The problem could be with your printer driver if you’re experiencing slow printing from HP Printers. This problem can sometimes be caused by a corrupted driver. It is best to reinstall the printer driver.
- Open the Device Manager. First, open the Device Manager by pressing the Window button on the keyboard. Next, type the device into the search bar and then choose the Device Manager.
- Right-click on your printer and select the Uninstall device option.
- When the Uninstall Device dialog box opens, click on the Uninstall button.
- After uninstalling your printer driver, click the Scan for Hardware Changes icon.
- After that, Windows will search for a compatible driver and install it on your computer.
Please note: If Windows cannot find a compatible driver, you can manually install it.
Clear Printers Directory and Stop Print Spooler Services
The HP Printer is slow to start printing issue is caused by the improper functioning of the Print Spooler. The Printers directory files can also stop the HP Printer printing. This issue can be fixed by deleting all files in the Printers directory.
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard, and then type services.msc into the search bar.
- Click OK or the Enter button.
- Click on the Printer Spooler service, then clicks on Stop.
- Reduce the print Spooler window.
- Open my computer and go to the C:/Windows/System32/spool/PRINTERS path.
- Delete all files in the PRINTERS directory.
- To open the minimized Print Spooler window, right-click the Print Spooler Service and click the Start button.
Pointing to the HP Printer Port
Map the printer across the server to cause slow printing from your HP Printer. This issue can be fixed by adding your HP Printer to the local printer list and pointing it at the port.
Not for HP Printers. This solution works only with network printers.
Install the Printer Driver
- Go to HP’s official website, click on Printer Section, enter your model number, then click the Submit button.
- Get the recommended Driver package.
- Locate the downloaded package.
- Double click on it, and click the Run button if you are prompted. 5) Follow on-screen instructions for complete installation.
Also Read: Know Your Dye Sublimation Printers