Many users have filed complaints regarding the poor performance of their Netgear Orbi routers. Are you not satisfied with the performance of your wireless device? Well, that is probably because the firmware of your Orbi router is not running on its latest version. Thus, wait no more and perform Netgear Orbi firmware update via orbilogin.
What happened? Are you not able to update the firmware of your Orbi router? Well, in that case, consider following the troubleshooting hacks mentioned in this post. Trust us, they will surely be of some help to you.
Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failed?
- Reboot Your Netgear Orbi Router
Technical glitches are one of the biggest reasons why you are struggling with the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue. To get rid of these glitches, why don’t you reboot your Orbi device? Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to reboot or restart your Netgear Orbi router:
- Disconnect your Netgear Orbi router from the existing modem.
- Power off your Orbi router and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your Orbi router back into its wall socket and turn it on.
- Reconnect your Netgear Orbi router to the existing modem.
Now, try to update the firmware of your wireless device via accessing the Netgear Orbi router login page. If you are still not able to, follow the next hack.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
Check the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem? Is it worn out or damaged from any point? If you are nodding your head in yes, consider replacing the Ethernet cable with a brand new one.
If doing so does not work in your favor, then it is recommended that you connect your devices with the help of a wireless source.
- Bring Your Orbi Devices Closer
Apart from maintaining a stable connection between your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem, you also need to ensure that the distance between them is not too much. Too much distance between your devices will make it very difficult for your wireless devices to transmit signals.
Thus, unplug your Netgear Orbi router from the wall socket it is currently plugged into and then plug it into the one located near the existing modem.
- Avoid Signal Interference
WiFi interference is another common reason why you are unable to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router to the latest version. Thus, make sure that your Netgear Orbi router is not placed anywhere near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, corners, concrete walls, etc.
Once you are done following these troubleshooting hacks, perform Netgear Orbi firmware update to the latest version by following the instructions mentioned below.
How to Perform Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Again?
- Plug your Netgear Orbi router a wall socket.
- Press the power button.
- Wait for the LED to become green.
- Grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the cable to the router and another to the existing modem.
- Switch on your PC.
- Launch an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the browser, type orbilogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- Once you are on the Netgear Orbi login page, enter the default admin details.
- Enter the default username and password and click the Log In button.
- Once logged in, head over to the Settings menu.
- Click Maintenance and select the Firmware Update button.
Hopefully, after following these step-by-step guidelines, you will be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router to the latest version. Trust us, now, all your devices connected to the Orbi mesh network will perform well and give you the desired result.