It might be the fact that you are going to the UK on a regular visitor visa and are not able to give notice of marriage, enter into a civil relationship, or get married, and in that case, it will be imperative for you to make an application for a marriage visitor visa UK for doing so. You will be able to make an application for this kind of visa in case you plan to leave the UK after 6 months of your arrival once you get married.
You will not be able to make an application for any other type of visa while you happen to be in the United Kingdom on any kind of visitor visa, for example, the marriage visitor visa. Moreover, it will not be possible for you to make an application for a visitor visa if you’re planning to reside in the UK.
You have to leave the UK after 6 months if you happen to be in the country on a visitor visa, and it will not be possible for you to apply for one more visa while you are in the UK. Furthermore, it will be imperative for you to make an application for a fiancé visa rather than a manager visitor visa if you plan to get married before making an application for another visa in the UK.
UK marriage visitor visa requirements
It will be essential to fulfill the following specifications if you want to get entitled to a marriage visitor visa UK.
- It will be essential for you as well as your partner to be at least 18 years of age.
- You need to provide a notice of marriage plus enter into a civil partnership or marry in the country within 6 months after arriving there.
- You need to provide evidence that you happen to be in a genuine relationship.
- It is not feasible to extend your stay in the country for a longer period through subsequent or periodic visits.
- It is essential to make certain that you are visiting the country for a maximum period of 6 months and will leave the country towards the conclusion of your visit.
- You should not have any plans to work in the country apart from work-related activities, such as conferences, meetings, and so on.
- There must be adequate funds at your disposal for supporting yourself during the trip along with the return journey, and you cannot depend on public funds for doing so.
- It will be imperative to prove that you don’t have any plans to study in the country for more than one month.
- If you want to perform any other activity in the UK, you should provide the required evidence for doing so according to the Visitor Rules.
Here, we like to mention that you can make an FLR FP application if you like to extend your stay in the country based on your family life as a parent, partner, or dependent child or based on your private life in the country. However, it will be imperative to verify your eligibility before making the application.
To discuss your spouse visa with one of our Immigration Solicitors, contact our UK lawyers on 02037324736 or complete our enquiry form.