How do I create a resource in Salesforce?
If you are a Salesforce user, you might have heard about a resource in Salesforce. Well, let us tell first, what are resources in Salesforce?
Simply put, it is the data that you need for your tasks in Salesforce. Every resource has its own value. You must save values if you intend to employ them across your Salesforce operation. These resources are the markers for a value you can use as a reference for your upcoming task completion.
Note that resources can be of different categories, so the creation process differs. In the following discussion, you will learn about flow and static resources and the process of creating resources in Salesforce.
What Are Flow Resources?
Like combined fields inside an email template or an equation, flow resources indicate a variable you can access during the process.
The Manager tab in Flow Builder shows the resources that seem to be currently available within the process. You may add new resources by selecting the New Resource button.
Types of resources in flow
A few types of these resources are listed below.
These are the sole resources that can alter during the flow. These are used to contain values that could be altered at any time.
The field information should be kept in the flow and use variables when the number can vary depending on a number of factors. Here, you are unable to access the field directly via Salesforce.
The fixed values are stored in these and can be accessed at any time during the flow.
It has the ability to calculate values in formula fields that are present in the flow.
The texts you will use, which you may modify and utilize at any time during the flow, are stored there. Use HTML tags, and your text can be converted.
You will get a selection option to use in a screen item, such as a radio button or a multi-select dropdown list element.
How to create a new resource in flow?
Let’s use Constant to build a new resource. To generate a new resource, follow the below steps:
- First, go to ‘Setup.’
- Search ‘Flow’ in the ‘Quick Find Box’
- Select ‘Flows’ on the ‘Flow’ page
- Select the ‘New Flow’ button on the ‘Flow Builder’ page
- Select the ‘New Resource’ button in the manager tab in the ‘New Resource’ popup
- Choose the resource type as ‘Constant.’
- Then fill API name and description.
What is a static resource in Salesforce?
Static Resources are the data that you need to program the Lightning Platform. These resources serve as the files’ Content Distribution Network (CDN). Both catching and distribution will be done automatically here.
How to create static resources?
Here are the steps to add your resources:
- From “Setup,” input the resources in the “Quick Find” box and choose “Static Resources.”
- Click ‘New.’
- Type data into the “Name” box to give the resource a title in Visualforce markup. For referencing in further code setups, use this resource’s name rather than its filename.
- Give each static resource a separate title and develop a title that is distinctive to your company. Avoid using an underscore at the ending or adding two underscores in a row.
- Type an additional statement about the resource in the text box labeled “Description.”
- Choose ‘Browse’ next to ‘File’ and select where you want to upload the content.
- Change the Cache-Control setting to “Public.” Distribute the static resource data stored on the Salesforce system to other clients for quicker loading.
- Apply the resources, and go back to the Channel Menu or Experience sites’ code setup.
To wrap up
You will surely need to utilize the resources if you intend to work with Salesforce in a productive way. The process might seem a little hard in the beginning, but as you practice it, you will ultimately master it, be an expert, and make the best use of these resources.